The NLNC Story
Jesus organized His Church and turned it loose in the world about A.D. 33. Within 50 years there were at least 1 million followers.
In the late 1800's the Church of the Nazarene was born. God blessed and the Church exploded in growth. Today we are over 1.9 million people strong ministering in over 155 world areas.
The story of the New Lothrop Church of the Nazarene is the story of the leading of the Holy Spirit and the surrendered-to-God lives of its people. As the church grew there were moves into rented facilities followed by the first church building on Orchard Street and then on November 26, 1978, the dedication of the present site on Saginaw Street. The Community Life Center was added to the campus in 2003 and God continues to bless the ministry of His people.
Today we are experiencing God's presence and blessings like never before, growing spiritually and numerically for two decades. To God be all the glory. And our story continues. We believe the greatest days of impact are still ahead of us! As the Spirit leads and His people continue to live surrendered lives, the Great Commission will be lived out in this generation.